Browse - Computer Tips - How can I get GPG working with Thunderbird?
Q. How can I get GPG working with Thunderbird?
A. Here's what I did:
- Downloaded GPG for Windows and unzipped in c:\Program Files\gpg
- Used regedit to set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GnuPG\HomeDir to c:\docs\keys
- Imported my PGP settings:
cd c:\Program Files\gpg
gpg --import < "c:\docs\PGP Keyrings\pubring.pkr"
gpg --import < "c:\docs\PGP Keyrings\secring.skr"
- Download Enigmail to c:\temporary
- Installed with Thunderbird's Tools - Extensions
- Restart Thunderbird
- Back at Tools - Extensions set the path to gpg.exe
- Send a test mail to myself
- Sent a test mail to a friend